Nightmare in Silver is the twelfth and penultimate episode of Doctor Who's seventh series. Written by Neil Gaiman it reboots the Cybermen and features the Doctor, Clara and Artie and Angie.
|7.12 Nightmare in Silver|
|Written by:||Neil Gaiman|
|Directed by:||Stephen Woolfenden|
|Airdate:||11th May 2013|
|Format:||1 X 45 minute|
Hedgewick’s World of Wonders was once the greatest theme park in the galaxy, but it’s now the dilapidated home to a shabby showman, a chess-playing dwarf and a dysfunctional army platoon. When the Doctor, Clara, Artie and Angie arrive, the last thing they expect is the re-emergence of one of the Doctor’s oldest foes. The Cybermen are back.
- The Cybermen last appered in 2011's "Closing Time".
- The episode was among the last to be filmed, in late november 2012.
- The episode was designed to reboot the Cybermen. The episode featured a new design which returned to the 60s look, voice changes and weaponary.
- During the filming of the episode Eve de Leon Allen who plays Angie left her script in a Taxi in Cardiff. Pictures of the front of the script were posted on twitter. Soon arrangments were made for the script to be returned to the BBC.
- Stephen Woolfenden recived his first Doctor Who directing credit.
- Neil Gaiman returned to the show after writting the universally acclaimed "The Doctor's Wife". Steven Moffat asked him to bring back the Cybermen which he acepted. His aim was to make them scary again.
- For the second year in a row the last two episodes in the series weren't connected keeping with the blockbuster theme.